Re: Getting back into Lilypond/Frescobaldi

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Getting back into Lilypond/Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 09:26:38 +0200

Le mardi 11 avril 2023 à 08:07 +0100, Michael Hendry a écrit :

On 10 Apr 2023, at 23:13, Jean Abou Samra jean@abou-samra.fr wrote:

Le lundi 10 avril 2023 à 22:59 +0100, Michael Hendry a écrit :

Thanks, Jean, This is what’s in ~.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf:
That definitely does not look like a valid config file. It has a duplicate XML declaration, and the <dir> element should not be empty. Not sure what software left this borked config file on this computer. I would just remove it, it's not doing anything apart from triggering errors AFAICS.

I’ve deleted this file, with no apparent consequences.

So you removed the file, yet there is still a warning mentioning that file... ??

Are you sure that it's still the same file path in the warning?

Did you check that the file was indeed not there anymore at the moment you compiled the test .ly file? Maybe some background process / daemon recreated it?