Getting back into Lilypond/Frescobaldi

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Getting back into Lilypond/Frescobaldi
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 18:05:43 +0100

Ive started to review my old lead sheets, which use lilyjazz fonts, and find that previously unproblematic files are compiled with no staff, just a long list of chord names.

Going back to basics, with this rudimentary file...

\version "2.24.0"

{ c'4 d' e' f’}

I get the following log, but the music review is as expected.

Starting lilypond 2.24.0 [Untitled]...

Fontconfig error: "/Users/michaelhendry/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf", line 2: XML or text declaration not at start of entity

Fontconfig error: "/Users/michaelhendry/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf", line 2: XML or text declaration not at start of entity

Fontconfig error: "/Users/michaelhendry/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf", line 2: XML or text declaration not at start of entity

Processing `/var/folders/7z/6v5y7dgj181bb5j44lt_6d2w0000gn/T/frescobaldi-8koxns79/tmpcqdvl9c4/document.ly'

Parsing...

Interpreting music...

Preprocessing graphical objects...

Finding the ideal number of pages...

Fitting music on 1 page...

Drawing systems...

Converting to `document.pdf'...

Success: compilation successfully completed

Completed successfully in 0.5.

The lead-sheets deliver the same “Fontconfig…” error messages, but also include the following warnings:

interpreting music...

warning: cannot find property type-check for `markFormatter' (translation-type?). perhaps a typing error?

warning: skipping assignment

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Michael Hendry

--

iMac Retina 5k 2020

OS 13.2.1 (22D68)