Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.3.0

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.3.0
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 11:08:18 +0200

Il giorno lun 10 apr 2023 alle ore 09:00 Michael Hendry
<hendry.michael@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> “Frescobaldi.app” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

This is expected: as we write in the release page, "The application
bundles are not signed with an Apple Developer certificate".

> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Correct.

> Several warnings came up,

LilyPond warnings or Frescobaldi/Python warnings?
Given that you tried to use convert-ly to solve them, I suppose you
were referring to LilyPond warnings.

> “python3.10” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

I didn't think about this, but indeed that's expected, for the same
reason as above.

> …but haven’t been able to get round this using the same method.

Is python3.10 not listed in the System preferences -> Security &
Privacy tab when the error message appears?
You can try to run python3.10 manually: right-click on the Frescobaldi
application bundle, choose "show package contents" and navigate to
Contents/MacOS, which should contain a Frescobaldi and a python3.10
binaries.
Try applying the suggestions of the Apple support page to the python3.10 binary.
Please let me know if this works: I'll update the notes on the release page.

> During this time my OS has lost 32-bit support.

I think that Gatekeeper's checks would apply to both 32 bit and 64 bit
applications.

Best wishes.
Davide