Re: [Frescobaldi] ANN: Frescobaldi 3.3.0

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] ANN: Frescobaldi 3.3.0
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 06:15:56 +0200

> Le 10 avr. 2023 à 02:04, Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard@mailbox.org> a écrit :
> I imagine over time Wilbert and the Frescobaldi developers will release
> exclusively with flatpak. Although I don't know their plans, that may well
> happen, making it harder to do a manually crafted install.

I don’t see why we would do that. The .tar.gz is a Python sdist (source
distribution), i.e., almost the same as tarring the source code, just with some
metadata added. In my view, the source code is part of the normal release
artifacts for any software, and an sdist is very simple to generate. Plus, you
will of course always be able to check out the Git repository.