Re: Ragged bottom for end of a score block?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Ragged bottom for end of a score block?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 08:20:16 +1000

Thank you very much indeed - that works perfectly!

Alasdair

On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 at 02:48, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le dimanche 09 avril 2023 à 21:59 +1000, Alasdair McAndrew a écrit :

I have a piece with a number of movements, and each movement has its own score block.  If I set "ragged-bottom==##t" in the paper block, then every page has this property.  Or if I use "ragged-last-bottom=##t" it affects only the very last page of all.
But what I want is for the last page of each movement to have a ragged bottom;

Can this be done?

Try putting each score into a bookpart:

\version "2.24.1"

filler = \repeat unfold 20 { c' \break }

\bookpart {
  \score {
    \filler

\bookpart {
  \score {
    \filler

ragged-(last-)bottom can't be configured per score, since adjacent scores can share pages and thus are not independent with respect to page breaking. By making separate bookparts, you create independent page breaking units (there is always a page break between two bookparts), and they can have different page breaking settings.

You won't even need to configure ragged-bottom or ragged-last-bottom, since the default does what you want already.

--
Alasdair McAndrew (he/him)
mob: 0432 854 858

https://numbersandshapes.net