Re: Drafting a medley

From: Eef Weenink
Subject: Re: Drafting a medley
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 14:25:05 +0000

I would use arranger.ly. https://github.com/gilles-th/arranger.ly

Verzonden vanuit Outlook voor iOS

Van: lilypond-user-bounces+h.e.weenink=de-erve.nl@gnu.org <lilypond-user-bounces+h.e.weenink=de-erve.nl@gnu.org> namens Stephan Schöll <music@gmx.ch>
Verzonden: Sunday, April 9, 2023 1:07:47 PM
Aan: lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Onderwerp: Drafting a medley

Hi all

Let's assume I have 2 LP files, each with a reasonably simple piano
piece (one or two voices per system). (Those could also be scores of
entire arrangements, but let's assume they have the same structure
voice-/system-/staff-/score-wise.)

I'd like to create a draft of a medley from those. Basically I'd like to
grab a scissor, cut portions from those 2 scores and paste them in a
given order.

Certainly I'd include the 2 source files into the medley ly-file. I know
that there is the quote feature. But this seems to work on a very low
level, on notes, voices, but not across voices, systems, staves. As far
as I understand when using the quote feature I need to define almost
each an every part of my source files as a quote, and "paste" many small
snippets into the medley score.

Do you know of a way to "cut" snippets out of entire scores or staves
and reuse them?

TIA Stephan