define-markup-command

From: Ken Ledeen
Subject: define-markup-command
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 13:11:11 -0400

Hi All,

Thanks to Jean Abou Samra I can now create \markup that goes to a place in a youtube video.

These are of the form:

fis4^\markup \with-url#"https://youtu.be...?t=SEC" {ref} where "SEC" is replaced with the number of seconds in from the start.

I would like to create a function to simplify things so instead of having the entire URL repeated everywhere, would have something that looks like

fis4^\mymk "215".

So far, I remain entirely confused about creating a new markup command.  I won't bother describing my many failed attempts.  I am clearly missing some basic concepts. I have no problem creating scheme functions to do various manipulations, but extending the markup function has eluded me.

Any guidance would be most appreciated!

Ken Ledeen

Mobile:   617-817-3183