MIDI, dynamics and expression

From: Dario Marrini
Subject: MIDI, dynamics and expression
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 10:14:13 +0200

Hi lilypond people,
I'm trying to understand how all this works; there is a short code file as attachment, with midi and pdf ones;  I tried to use dynamics and other signs, but the difference on sound between signed (with 'p' and others signs) and not signed notes it's quite not hearable; I found in docs instructions about how to modify the output level of each midi instrument , and the same about output level of applied signs; every time docs refers to a scm/midi.scm file, for default settings, but I can't understand its values; I need to know what defaults settings are, for trying to manage them. Any help about is very appreciated

regards

dario m.