Re: conflict in dymanics signs

From: Dario Marrini
Subject: Re: conflict in dymanics signs
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 23:26:44 +0200

Thanks Aaron,
but, forgive me because I' wasn't clear in my request, my goal is to get a MIDI file performing the crescendo while making the right _expression_ inside of it, then my request; if it'd be possible get it while keeping the original writing it'd be better

cheers

On 2023-04-06 1:39 pm, Dario Marrini wrote:
> Hi lilypond people,
> I'm trying to transcribe an orchestral part; this is a solo Oboe part;
> there is a "cresc" ending in a "ff", but in the meanwhile there are
> other dynamics signs (_expression_?); I don't know how to combine the
> general crescendo with single dynamics _expression_ signs; lilypond
> warning me about a conflict, and it ignores the two 'decrescendo'
> signs; how to do for nesting _expression_ signs inside the longer and
> general crescendo? I would get it keeping the score original signs.
>
> the original
>
> the lily output :
>
> the code :
>
> as'\(\! b\cresc\> g\! es\< g\! f\> es\! b\< es\! f2\) f-> f-> f->\ff

Probably the easiest option is to use markup for the "cresc." text:

%%%%
   b\>_\markup \italic "cresc."
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill