Re: Question for Windows users

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Re: Question for Windows users
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 09:31:31 -0400

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 4:08 AM Ya Gloops <yagloops@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hello Jean !
For me a,b,c,d work perfectly...
Gilles

Le dimanche 2 avril 2023 à 01:45:35 UTC+2, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> a écrit :

Hi,

A little question for Windows users: could one of you please
do the following test and report back?

1. Choose any font that is NOT installed on your system.
  Random choice: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/alex-brush
  It's very recognizable, so it'll be easy to tell if the
  font is being properly used. I will assume you use this
  font (“AlexBrush”) in the following.

2. Create a .ly file in some directory on your computer. Put
  the font .otf/.ttf file(s) in that directory.

3. Add this code to the .ly file and compile it:

  \version "2.24.1"
  #(ly:font-config-add-directory "C:/path/to/directory")
  \markup \override #'(font-name . "AlexBrush") "ABCD"

  where "C:/path/to/directory" is the path to the directory
  you put the .ly file and the font in, with 4 different
  variants. Please test all 4 and let me know which work
  and which don't.

  a) Slashes in the path and a slash at the end:
      C:/path/to/directory/
  b) Slashes in the path and no slash at the end:
      C:/path/to/directory
  c) Double backslashes in the path and a double backslash at the end:
      C:\\path\\to\\directory\\
  d) Double backslashes in the path and no double backslash at the end:
      C:\\path\\to\\directory

Thanks in advance.

Jean

Jean,

I know you only asked for one test, but it works for me also. One caveat: I accidentally put the font in a different directory than the .ly file, but of course, typed the correct path to the font.

Mark