Setting font-features globally?

From: John Zaitseff
Subject: Setting font-features globally?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 16:52:25 +1100

Hello,

I have a fairly large collection of LilyPond music scores that I
have entered over the years.  Now that I have access to the rather
nice Adobe Minion 3 set of fonts, I would like to use them for my
scores.  I have successfully included the following in my
stylesheet:

  \paper {
      #(define fonts
          (set-global-fonts
              #:roman      "Minion 3,"
              #:sans       "Myriad Pro,"
              #:typewriter "Hack,"
              #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
          ))
  }

However, I'd like to use the SS03 font feature of Minion 3
(trapezoid variants of Cyrillic DE and EL [1]) everywhere that text
appears.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  I don't mind writing
Scheme to do it!

[1] https://minion.typekit.com/usage/

I know I can do something like:

  \layout {
      \context { \Lyrics \override LyricText.font-features = #'("ss03") }
      # ... every other context / text variation here
  }

but this misses headings, page headers and footers and verse text
typeset after a score.

In short, is there a way to set "ss03" globally?

Yours truly,

John Zaitseff

--
John Zaitseff   ╭───╮   Email: J.Zaitseff@zap.org.au
The ZAP Group   │ Z │   GnuPG: 0x0D254111C4EE569B