Re: Page turning in song book: Only \scores with more than 1 page should

From: Wol
Subject: Re: Page turning in song book: Only \scores with more than 1 page should be forced to start on even page number
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:08:09 +0000

On 24/02/2023 20:34, Johannes Maibaum wrote:
I wanted to ask if it would be possible to improve the page-turn-
breaking algorithm for the case where the user also has ragged-bottom
set to #t (which you correctly assumed I was trying to use as well).

If we're looking at demerits for page-breaking, can that be user-tweaked? You know I moan about page-breaking, and would usually much prefer to take a hit in readability than have to turn a page.

Lilypond usually doesn't pack stuff precisely to make it easily readable, but if that means a page turn outside on a windy day... jacking it up to force one or even two systems onto the previous page would be brilliant.

Cheers,
Wol