Re: Policy for posts from non-members

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Policy for posts from non-members
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 10:20:37 +1100

Dear me, mailing lists have been around for half as century or more. If people do not understand that it is normal to subscribe to a list to participate there's something wrong. Just reject the posts. That's very standard, and that is why the list software supports that option. Jean you already spend a huge amount of time helping people on the list, the administrivia of dealing with people who can't be bothered to spend a minute to sign up is not worth your time. If you don't make this change you will just be doing this useless task forever.

[Of course the moment I post people will provide proof of lists that do not need joining, but seriously, most lists do. Also, services such as Reddit require registration. It's a very basic concept.]

Andrew