RE: Policy for posts from non-members

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Policy for posts from non-members
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:46:12 -0800

Jean Abou Samra,

Why am I mentioned in your e-mail?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mark

From: lilypond-user-bounces+carsonmark=ca.rr.com@gnu.org [mailto:lilypond-user-bounces+carsonmark=ca.rr.com@gnu.org] On Behalf Of Jean Abou Samra
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2023 2:36 PM
To: lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Cc: mark <mark@opus11.net>
Subject: Policy for posts from non-members

Hi,

I've not been an admin of this list for very long, yet I'm already weary of telling people who post without being subscribed to the list that they should subscribe in order to avoid each of their messages being manually approved. I wonder what you (meaning everyone, but especially Mark, the other admin) would think about changing the list configuration to reject post from non-members instead of holding them on moderation, with a message such as