Re: Avoid double beaming

From: Jogchum Reitsma
Subject: Re: Avoid double beaming
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 15:18:32 +0100

Op 20-02-2023 om 12:24 schreef Xavier Scheuer:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 at 12:15, Jogchum Reitsma <j.reitsma@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> This gives the result I would like to see (well, almost: the first bar still has separated stems/beams, but that's nitpicking).
>
> I applied it to the piece the snippet was an excerpt from, and it renders beautifully.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Hello,

The first bar will have the stems/beams combined if you add the slur in both sopranoOne and sopranoTwo, as I did in the code I sent in my previous message.
Ah! I oversaw that, and indeed now also the first bar is OK. Thanks again!
(Actually one could add the \p in sopranoTwo as well, if the dynamics are exactly the same in sopranoOne and sopranoTwo they will only appear once in the combined version.)

Dynamics are the same in both lines. Entered them in both lines, and it went as you predicted. Learned again something(s)!

regards, Jogchum

Cheers,
Xavier

--