Workaround for issue on tuplet of skips

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Workaround for issue on tuplet of skips
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 02:09:54 +0100

Hello LilyPonders,

Currently, I checked that Spontini-Editor has an incompatibility with LP 2.25.x (it works well with 2.24.x branch) due to this bug:

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6482

More specifically, the incompatibility happens when hidden tuplets of skips, which don't compile in the 2.25.x series, are dynamically created by the cross-staff libraries of the editor, e.g:  \tuplet 3/2 {s8 s s}
Of course I'll wait that the LP issue gets fixed, but given that it can take some time, I'm considering to work around it, meanwhile, with a Scheme filter that does the following transformation:

{ c' d' \tuplet 3/2 { s8 s s } f'  \tuplet 5/4 { s4 s s s s } }

becomes

{  c ' d' s8 s f'  s4 s s s } }

(NOTE: skips inside the tuplets have no articulations, nor dynamics etc.)

Therefore I gently ask: is it trivial to write such a Scheme function? If simple, how can I implement it?

NOTE 2: if the resulting Scheme code is long, I'd probably (?) wait until the issue gets fixed.

Thanks very much!