Re: bad grace note spacing

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: bad grace note spacing
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 08:43:19 +0100

> Le 18 févr. 2023 à 00:10, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> a écrit :
>
> The issue I filed is not related to `strict-grace-spacing` at all.

It’s quite related. In strict-grace-spacing mode, grace columns are not part of
the main chain of springs that goes through the whole system from column to
columns and stretches or compresses. Instead, they are placed separately.
That’s the easiest way of making the space between a grace and its main note
non-stretching that I can think of. The other way would be add very strong
springs to make the distances “almost” fixed, but it would be ugly.

To me, the issue is essentially requesting two things: a) make
strict-grace-spacing less buggy, b) make strict-grace-spacing the default.