Re: I did not previously realize that Lilypond would automatically updat

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: I did not previously realize that Lilypond would automatically update pre-existing scores
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 08:19:05 +0100

> Le 18 févr. 2023 à 08:02, Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi Werner;
>
>  Then as usual, I'm very confused.
>
>  I'm not using Frescobaldi; the user interface is using a much too
> small a font for me to use and I saw no way to enlarge it.

Do you mean the font size? It can be changed in Edit > Preferences.

>  What is expected to happen when Lilypond 2.24.1 encounters a score
> with a version of 2.22.2 in it? M

There is exactly one difference compared to a score with \version "2.24" in it.
Namely, if the compilation happens to fail, as a heuristic, LilyPond guesses
that this is a score that does not work anymore due to syntax changes, and
prints out a helpful message recommending to run convert-ly.

Other than that, it makes no difference.

My guess is that you already updated your score and forgot, because I cannot
think of another explanation.