Double bar notation in middle of measure

From: Evan Driscoll
Subject: Double bar notation in middle of measure
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 23:11:25 -0600

I'm trying to re-engrave part of a part that has an admittedly-weird double bar indication in the middle of a measure. You can see what I mean, with context, here: https://imgur.com/BnpooBh (measure 49, aka C).

How can I get that in Lilypond? Obviously `\bar "||"` will give a failed barcheck. I tried \section, but that does the same thing.

About the best way I can come up with is to change the time signature to 2/4 for that measure, but hide the time signature change. Can I do better?

Evan