Re: Slurs inside or outside beamed notes

From: GMX
Subject: Re: Slurs inside or outside beamed notes
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 16:41:57 -0700

Yes, Gould does say to always place a slur outside a beam.  And I’m fine with
that being Lilypond’s default behavior.  But I’d love the ability to tell
Lilypond to place slurs inside of beams (when possible).

I do have one hymnal that prints slurs inside beams.  I suspect that this
choice was related to the decision to also beam notes into beats, which I also
prefer, but isn’t done by any of the other hymnals I have.  So one hymnal puts
slurs inside beams, but the others only beam slurred notes (and don’t print the
slur at all).

David