Re: Documentation: Should we possibly have aliases for current stable an

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Documentation: Should we possibly have aliases for current stable and current devel?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 17:55:00 +0100

Le lundi 13 février 2023 à 11:40 -0500, Kevin Cole a écrit :

The point I was trying to make was "Does there REALLY need to be
documentation for versions 2.13 to 2.25?  Maybe 2.20 to 2.25 would
suffice."

I'm not sure it would help with Qwant/DuckDuckGo/Google searches since we are already marking the old documentation pages with 'Disallow' in robots.txt, which is supposed to prevent Web crawlers from indexing them. Would completely removing the old pages work better, or just turn the search results into 404s instead of outdated documentation?

In any case, the ideal solution would be a client-side search button in the documentation instead of the current Google search button.