LilyPond 2.24.1 released!

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: LilyPond 2.24.1 released!
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 13:12:18 +0100

We are proud to announce the release of GNU LilyPond 2.24.1. LilyPond
is a music engraving program devoted to producing the highest-quality
sheet music possible. It brings the aesthetics of traditionally
engraved music to computer printouts.

This version includes a number of fixes since the release of the
previous stable version in December 2022, and we recommend all users to
update. Scores converted to or written for 2.24.0 will continue to work
with this release. A list of added features and other user-visible
changes for 2.24 can be found at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/changes/
Among others, version 2.24.0 switched to Guile 2.2 and features a
completely rewritten infrastructure for creating the official packages,
finally allowing us to offer 64-bit binaries for macOS and Windows.

These pre-built binaries are linked from
https://lilypond.org/download.html and available from GitLab:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/releases/v2.24.1
Please note that there is a known issue on Windows where compiling very
large scores (several hundreds of pages) can result in crashes. We hope
to address this in a future bugfix release.