Re: Align markup above staff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Align markup above staff
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 17:30:58 +0100

On 2023-02-10 15:20, Johannes Roeßler wrote:

Hi Group,

I would like to align markups above my staff - I checked the page regarding vertical spacing and found

"\override TextScript.outside-staff-padding = #3" but this just raised all markups but still unaligned

\override TextScript.outside-staff-priority = ##f  didn't help either...

Any hints?

A much simpler solution than what has been proposed so far, is to set TextScript.staff-padding, see https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-attached-to-notes#Vertically-aligned-dynamics-and-textscripts

You would probably have received even more answers if you had provided a small example .ly file to experiment with. The following shows that staff-padding handles the situation well and aligns the baseline of the text, not the bottom-most edge, which was one of the problems you noticed with the other solutions.

\relative c''{
\partial 2
\override TextScript.staff-padding = #3
r4 c^"entfernend" |