Re: Align markup above staff

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Align markup above staff
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 07:57:19 -0800

I don't know why this works, but try this:

    \new Dynamics \with {
      \override TextScript.Y-offset = -0.5
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #4

Knute Snortum

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 7:13 AM Michael Werner <reznaeous@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 9:49 AM Johannes Roeßler <joei@joei.de> wrote:
thx to both Michaels :)

looks like an idea, but when I compile your source, I get a little drift between
"diminuendo" and "poco"

Best regards
Johannes

Huh. I hadn't noticed that when I was testing it here. But  now I go look more closely I'm seeing it too. Looks like it's aligning poco by way of the bottom of the downward stem of the p, which then shifts everything after upwards by the same amount. But if I go through and change both instances of poco to Poco the a between is still shifted upwards. Puzzling.