Re: Visible Barline in ChoirStaff

From: Johannes Roeßler
Subject: Re: Visible Barline in ChoirStaff
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 16:37:49 +0100

excellent! Worked perfect.
Your example doesn’t work because the bars between the staves are in fact not BarLine grobs, but SpanBar grobs, and they would live in the ChoirStaff context.
The difference between a ChoirStaff and a StaffGroup is that the Choirstaff doesn’t contain the Span_Bar_Engraver, that creates them. You would need to include the engraver in the ChoirStaff (essentially making it a StaffGroup), \omit the SpanBars you don’t need (all the others) and make just the one you need visible, like:

\new ChoirStaff \with {
  \consists Span_bar_engraver
  \omit SpanBar }
<<
  \new Staff {
    c''1 b'
    \once \revert ChoirStaff.SpanBar.stencil
    a' }
  \new Staff {
    \clef bass
    a1 g f }