RE: Installation of Lilypond 2.24.0 on a Windows 11 computer

From: tommy_strandberg
Subject: RE: Installation of Lilypond 2.24.0 on a Windows 11 computer
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 20:03:34 +0100

Hi,

As I already said, I'm not an expert in this so it's more a solution partially
on trial and error.

For information, I've never changed anything while installing any program,
Frescobaldi or Lilypond on my almost new Windows 11 computer. V2.22.2 was
obviously installed using the installer which by default put it into C:\Program
Files (x86).  The same happened with Frescobaldi.  The version 2.24.0 I, at
first, uncompressed into my "home" directory
C:\Users\tommy\Documents\_DellDaten\60_Programs\Lilypond as suggested by the
manual and in Frescobaldi linked in the 2.24.0 version under preferences as
written in the manual but I kept the link to v2.22.2 and declared 2.24.0 as
default.  By the way, v2.22.2 still worked without any error messages despite
the problems with 2.24.0, but now it's uninstalled of course.

I've now uninstalled 2.22.2 and reinstalled Frescobaldi, and uncompressed
2.24.0 into the same directory, i.e. C:\Program Files.  I don’t' know why, but
now it works without error messages.

I fully agree, It's no good to install anything with admin rights into
C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).

I'll try your suggestion tomorrow but anyway, thanks for the help.

BR
Tommy