Re: writing score in absolute time

From: Cordelia
Subject: Re: writing score in absolute time
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 16:57:44 +0100

Totally, now it begins the game. But at least I’ve a starting point!

I’ve to understand better the tempo and rhythmic values in lilypond.
I’ve already added the possibility to write cents for exemple for microtonality (a simple way).

There’s 2 more things I could not figure out:
- how can I allow the duration line to be over other notes
- now the possibility to range everything in an A4 format (I could do it with ImageMagick, but I wonder if lilypond could)

Updated code for those interested:

\version "2.24.0"

\paper {
page-breaking = #ly:one-line-auto-height-breaking
}

\layout {
\context {
\Score
proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/64)
\override SpacingSpanner.uniform-stretching = ##t
\override DurationLine.bound-details.right.end-style = #'hook
\override DurationLine.thickness = 2
}
\context {
\Voice
\consists Duration_line_engraver
\remove Stem_engraver
\remove Dots_engraver
\override NoteHead.duration-log = 2

at =
#(define-music-function (instrument point pitch len cent) (string? exact-rational? ly:pitch? exact-rational? string?)
#{ \context Staff = #instrument \after 4*#point { $pitch 4*$len \- } -#cent <> #})

<<
\new Staff = piano { s1*10 }
\new Staff = violin { s1*10 }
\cadenzaOn