Re: chord placement in Scores

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: chord placement in Scores
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 13:14:24 +0100

Jeff Kopmanis wrote:
I've found that when I put chords in my score, it's printing them *below* the
staff rather than above, as usual.  Things are normal if I'm not building a
score, but I'm wondering why this is happening.

Well, I'm not sure.
But, to be clear, I see this happening only on the "Bass" line.

If you swap "Guitar" and "Bass", it happens only with "Guitar".
So it is happening when "Bass" is at the bottom.

Well it isn't really at the bottom, because "Drum Set" is declared last.
If you make the drum line last as long as everything else
(by appending  s2. s1*85  to drumSetMusic)
then "Drum Set" is always at the bottom.
With that configuration, the "Bass" chords drop down onto the drum line.

To keep the chords and the music together, try the following:
  - introduce the Bass line with    \new StaffGroup
  - introduce \bassGuitarMusic with    \new Staff

That you got strange layout rather than an error message was probably thanks to automagic trying to cope.

Cheers,
Robin