Re: writing score in absolute time

From: Jacopo Greco d'Alceo
Subject: Re: writing score in absolute time
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 18:28:11 +0100

Thank you Gregory for your complete answer.
And you’ve seen it right. I’m not yet an Abjad user, but I looked at it with
interest - but never drown inside.
I’m just another composer still dreaming about writing music easily with a
computer.
I’ll take a look at what you sent me, but, joining Jean’s argument, i think I
did not have been clear.

Long time ago I started a project for a piece for diskclavier where I wrote a
score on the picture of the spectrogram of the electronic part.
I used, as I said, bach inside max because you can quickly do and export in
.png a proportional notation. I just wrote a value and an absolute time for
each note and the game was done. Obviously bach is really approximative.
An idea of what I would like to transpose in a score is a Csound score:

i.e.:

        name                            note starting
duration                        midi note
        of the staff                    point in seconds                of the
note             (or cent wherever..)

i       “violin”                                0
        3s                              69
i       “violin”                                .234s
1.4s                            50
i       “violin”                                .345s
2.1s                            34
i       “piano”                         0
3s                              69
i       “violin”                                0
        3s                              54

and generate an A4 or just en image.
Thanks,