Re[2]: possible bug?

From: E Appeldoorn
Subject: Re[2]: possible bug?
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 19:44:49 +0000

While the strict note spacing does solve the problems lilypond throws up during this bar it does create a load more along the way in other bars.

Just showing one other bar that looks suddenly awfull with strict spacing

<<
\new Staff \relative c'' {
es4-- r8
  \tuplet 5/4 {f32([ ges as ges f)]}
  es8^.[ \acciaccatura {a} bes^!] es,4-- |
}

Here the \acciaccatura {a} gets squashed against the bes when the strict spacing is aplied.
And so it continues all throughout the score wherever there are \acciaccatura there are spacing problems. I don't know how they SHOULD look accordding to rules, but a quick survey in my rows of published scores seems to suggest that notes should get evenly spaced. I did not find weird gaps or even collisions.

Erik