Re: Persian accidentals (koron and sori)

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Persian accidentals (koron and sori)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 15:46:35 +0100

> On 6 Dec 2021, at 15:34, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>>> In case there are experts on Persian music notation: please have a
>>> look here
>>>
>>> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1047
>>>
>>> and comment on the design.
>>
>> Here is how they look at SMuFL. Rather thin and of equal thickness,
>> contrary to the standard accidentals.
>>
>> https://w3c.github.io/smufl/latest/tables/persian-accidentals.html
>
> Yes, and it is soo ugly.

It is best consulting some with traditional Persian sheet music. But the few
ones I have seen tend to be hand drawn, not of very high quality, but similar.

The accidentals were designed by Ali-Naqi Vaziri, and became popular for use in
Persian sheet music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali-Naqi_Vaziri