Re: 3 questions

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: 3 questions
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 11:00:30 -0400

Hi Kira,

> I am also a new user

Nice to have you in the ’Pond!

> what draws me to Lilypond is the sheer aesthetics of it. Even the most basic
> thing created with Lilypond looks 1000 times more professional and attractive
> than MuseScore, in my opinion!

Oh, for sure. I have a choral octavo stylesheet which makes my choral scores
look better than most published scores *before I even apply a single tweak*. I
was just comforting my composer friend who is struggling [in Finale] to get his
string quartet parts looking nice enough to publish; I showed him how Lilypond
make my parts look amazing in just a few minutes per part (~ 1 minute to
compile, and then usually only a couple of tweaks required), and he nearly wept.

> It is a learning curve though, one I’m still slogging through!

It’s a never-ending curve… but that’s part of what makes it so enjoyable for
me! =)

All the best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)