Re: Sending around contexts

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Sending around contexts
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 21:06:32 +0200

Hello Kieren,

The Container solution I did back then got kind of more complicated with 2.22,
as the behaviour of overrides changed. So now if we use such containers each
override has to specify the Voice path, which was not nescessary before.

A different method I thought about is using NullVoice and add the Dynamic
relevant engravers. One can then use tags to determine what events to send to
these NullVoices.

The problem with this is that if the music contains new Contexts like Voices
then this escapes the NullVoice. I think maybe it would be nice to have an
„default Voice” context, that behaves like the parent Voice (Voice, TabVoice,
NullVoice, DrumVoice, etc.)

Cheers,
Valentin