Re: Multiple versions of Lilypond?

From: Engraver
Subject: Re: Multiple versions of Lilypond?
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 16:37:23 +0200

Op 24-10-2021 om 15:51 schreef Knute Snortum:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 3:38 PM Kira Garvie <kgarvie@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I saw this referenced in the Frescobaldi manual, but is it possible to have
multiple versions of Lilypond installed on my computer at once? Many of you
know I have to use version 2.16.2 for my work (don't ask me why, I honestly
don't know), but I would like to use a more recent version for some other
engraving jobs. And can I use an older version of Frescobaldi with a newer
version of Lilypond?
As far as I know, you can use any version of Frescobaldi with any
version of LilyPond.  Frescobaldi has the capacity to store the paths
to multiple versions of LilyPond and can even change the LilyPond
version based on what you write in the \version command of your input
file.

Check out Edit -> Preferences -> LilyPond Preferences.

--
Knute Snortum

It's easy to use multiple versions of Lilypond with Frescobaldi on Windows. Just associate the .ly-extension with Frescobaldi. In the Lilypond preferences of Frescobaldi one can easily change which version Frescobaldi uses for engraving ; and it's even possible to check an option which makes Frescobaldi choose the Lilypond version based on the file to be engraved. Couldn't be easier.

Regards,

Auke