Asterisk before first syllable of verse

From: Kira Garvie
Subject: Asterisk before first syllable of verse
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 19:48:25 -0400

Hello all! I need there to be an asterisk before the first syllable of this verse, but I can't figure out how to make it work with also keeping the hyphenation of the word, and not bumping all the lyrics over one syllable... also, I dont use the \addLyrics command because the text and the music are actually saved as separate files and the command to combine them is elsewhere.

StanzaSix = \lyricmode {

\set stanza = "2."

\set language = "es"

\override StanzaNumber #'font-shape = #'italic

\override LyricText #'font-shape = #'italic

Vo -- so -- tros hi -- jos de~Is -- ra -- el,

Thank you!