Re: Override start of figured bass continuation line

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Override start of figured bass continuation line
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 00:41:42 +0000

From: Jon Arnold <jonarnoldsemail@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, October 15, 2021 at 4:43 PM
To: Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@byu.edu>
Cc: Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de>, lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>

Thank you both. Carl's solution seems to shorten the right side as well, so I think I will use Lukas's.

I’m not trying to argue for my solution, but I would not expect my solution to shorten the right side, and on my test code, it didn’t shorten the right side.  The right side goes the same distance past the notehead in both cases.

Can you show me an image that shows the shortening of the right side?

Thanks,

Carl