Re: responses in hymn tunes?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: responses in hymn tunes?
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 15:44:16 +0000

On 10/3/21, 9:00 AM, "lilypond-user on behalf of Lukas-Fabian Moser"
<lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org on behalf of
lfm@gmx.de> wrote:

    I'm not sure what FlexScores are (is this a hymnary.org special
    library?), and who would be the right person to start such a project -
    if I understand correctly, you're just entering some hymns into an
    existing framework that you cannot change? - but I'm sure people on this
    list would be happy to help updating it to modern versions of LilyPond.
    The program really evolved very much over the last (almost) 9 years.

FlexScores are scores that are purchased from hymnary.org and can be downloaded
with a variety of instrumentation options and transposed at will.

I am sure this means that LilyPond is calledwith a variety of command line
options, although I have no personal knowledge of it.

I can understand hymnary.org's desire to not update the version of LilyPond,
since what they have works well.  But this is technological debt that will
likely need to be paid at some time in the future...

Carl