Build binaries in CI?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Build binaries in CI?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 22:52:54 +0200

Hi,

Just a thought related to
[https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1950](https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1950):
 maybe we could add optional CI jobs running on CentOS 7 to compile Linux
official binaries + MinGW binaries ? I have a faint remembrance that Jonas
preferred to keep the build environment definitions in the Ansible playbooks
rather than creating Docker images; however, for something run infrequently, I
think the overhead of deploying the Ansible playbook during the CI job itself
would be acceptable, right?

It could help testing proposed changes to the release scripts, and also reduce
the manual building work during each release to only the macOS binaries.