Re: Add definition for mensural-f3 clef

From: Kim Shrier
Subject: Re: Add definition for mensural-f3 clef
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 14:33:44 -0600

> On Apr 9, 2023, at 5:22 AM, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:
>

> Hello Kim,
>

> welcome to LilyPond.

Thanks.  I’m not exactly new to the pond.  I’ve made small contributions
since version 1.8 and answered a few questions from time to time.
I’m just not very active because life, family, day job, etc. keep getting
in the way. :)

>> I’m not sure of the current way to suggest a change to lilypond source
>> but I just have a simple, 1-line change to propose.
>
> Thanks, but it's more than that, because...
>
>> It would be useful to have a mensural F clef that is on staff line 3
>> for a baritone clef.
>
> ...you would have to update the documentation (file
> `Documentation/en/notation/ancient.itely`) and add an short entry to
> file `Documentation/en/notation/changes.tely`.
>
> It would be great if you could work on that!  You can either send a
> patch again, or you could try to submit a Merge Request, following the
> documentation our Contributror's Guide, see
>
>  https://lilypond.org/development.html
>

>    Werner

I really appreciate the pointers and I’ll take care of those details.

Kim