Re: GSoC 2023

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: GSoC 2023
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 12:20:34 +0100

On 30/01/2023 09:55, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> The deadline for registering LilyPond as mentor organization for GSoC
> 2023 is February 7th.  Do we want to participate?

I won't mentor anyone (I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this for
someone roughly my age), but if there is a student and a mentor,
that's great. Peter, Carl, Abraham, can you confirm that you are
willing to be mentors for the projects listed on the GSoC page
(https://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html)?

Also, the "size of project" field needs to be filled in for each
proposal. This is a new requirement from Google, as there was
only one size before the 2022 program. If you are proposing to
mentor a project, please give an estimate of "medium" (apparently
~175 hours) or "large" (~350 hours).

Also, we might want to remove the link to Scores of Beauty from
that page ...

Best,
Jean