Re: Explicit default duration?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Explicit default duration?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:15:41 -0800

On 2023-01-26 9:57 am, David Kastrup wrote:
Luca Fascione <l.fascione@gmail.com> writes:
I'd think that if 'x' meant "last pitch" and 'X' meant "last chord", things
would be real peachy.

Not a fan of using case distinction here (doesn't help that the German
accordion accompaniment notation uses c for a c major chord and C for a
single c root note).

Maybe xx for chords...  Should be fast enough to type and is somewhat
mnemonic.  At least more so than y .

Users probably are used to case-sensitivity with r and R for rests and multi-measure rests, respectively.

I could get behind 'xx' for chords as the naming seems to imply multiple notes are being reused. However, 'q' for "qords" should still work even if 'x' were introduced.

-- Aaron Hill