Re: working with Python scripts

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: working with Python scripts
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:26:00 +0100

On 25/01/2023 11:40, Martín Rincón Botero wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> thank you for your answer. Just to be sure: in the terminal I go to the build
> directory and there I type PYTHONPATH=./python:$PYTHONPATH
> build/out/bin/musicxml2ly ?

No, in the source directory. If you are in the build/ directory,
you would need to adapt. Assuming that build/ is in the source
directory (not somewhere else entirely),

PYTHONPATH=../python:$PYTHONPATH out/bin/musicxml2ly

The point is just that when running "build/out/bin/musicxml2ly",
you should have the PYTHONPATH variable containing the "python/"
directory from the source directory, before anything else.
Otherwise, either files like musicexp.py will not be found,
or worse, they could be taken from another LilyPond installation
if that happens for some reason to be in your $PYTHONPATH.

Best,
Jean