Re: Explicit default duration?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Explicit default duration?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:04:32 -0800

On 2023-01-23 4:01 pm, David Kastrup wrote:
Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> writes:
Out of curiosity, would this work in your proposed syntax?

"tamb4 r0 0 8 8" for "tamb4 r4 r4 tamb8 tamb8"

No, it would be tamb4 r4 tamb4 tamb8 tamb8 .  Rests have never had any
form of implicit notation. Saving a single letter is just not worth it.

Sorry, I typed too quickly. I meant tamb4 not r4. So it would work like any other bare duration.

-- Aaron Hill