Re: Explicit default duration?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Explicit default duration?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 15:31:57 +0100

   On 2023-01-23 00:36, David Kastrup wrote:

We have q for "repeat last chord with default duration" and 4 for
"repeat last pitch with specific duration" but not "repeat last pitch
with default duration".

   To me, the most natural solution would be to extend q to mean last
   pitch/chord (i.e. last "sounding music event") with default duration.
   Over the years, I have several times misremembered the exact meaning of
   q and tried to use it to repeat the last pitch, and instead got a
   repetition of a chord that happened much earlier in the score.

      /Mats