Re: RFC: require librsvg to implement SVG image support

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: RFC: require librsvg to implement SVG image support
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 23:19:13 +0100

Le 09/01/2023 à 20:50, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
I tried very hard to install as much as possible from the official
repositories (MetaPost on CentOS7 and Meson being the exceptions),
which makes the environment very easy to reproduce. I'm not too fond of
the rustup approach in general...

Maybe this is a crazy idea, but what would you think of making the
release scripts download and execute rustup in a local directory
(isolated from whatever install the system might have), similar to
how they're downloading dependency tarballs? That would ensure the
compiler version is exactly the one wanted for us while not interfering
with anything on the system or require environment setup.