Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 15:50:29 +0100

On Wed, 2023-01-04 at 15:00 +0100, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> I was initially scared by Poppler's dependencies, but now that I look at
> its CMakeLists.txt file, it seems that most of them are optional, which
> makes it more palatable. I'm still not sure what you lose if you don't
> compile with GTK, though, and I can't say I really understand this stuff
> well anyway.

As far as I understand the CMakeLists.txt, it's only used for gtk-doc
which is off by default anyway and certainly not a runtime dependency.
On the other hand, cross-compilation with CMake is ... not exactly the
nicest stroll in the garden (and a first in release/binaries).

On the other hand, librsvg is written in Rust where I have no
experience how practical it actually is to integrate into our binaries
on all platforms.