Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 14:00:03 +0100

Le 29/12/2022 à 01:53, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
Hi,

I have just opened issues for the missing features of
the Cairo backend that I am aware of.

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6500
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6501
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6502
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6503
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6504

Are there any others?

The topic of this thread has deviated somewhat from the original
question, and I don't really mind, but I would still like to tackle
the original question.

Here are a few things that can't be supported in Cairo:

- -dfont-export-dir=...
- -dfont-ps-resdir=...
- -dgs-api (but makes no sense in Cairo)
- -dgs-load-fonts
- -dgs-load-lily-fonts
- -dgs-never-embed-fonts
- -dno-include-eps-fonts

AFAICS, these only make sense if you're using GS to convert
the PS output to PDF yourself manually, so they're obviated
in Cairo, but I would like to check that this is the case.

There is also -dstrokeadjust. Not sure if we need a Cairo
equivalent.

Also -dsvg-woff.

Jean