Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:12:12 +0100

On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 1:55 PM Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond
development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

> Ok, this is SVG which we can probably agree that the backend is in a
> bad state. At some point, there was a discussion on making Cairo the
> default for producing SVGs but IIRC it faded out with the lack of
> support for output-attributes, ie
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6503
>
> Once that is solved, only enabling Cairo by default for SVGs may be a
> separate discussion that is worth having.

Hello,

I'm probably saying something unfeasible and a dirty mix; nevertheless I
wonder: could there be a way to use the cairo backend as a base, along with
SVG backend snippets limited to the grobs for which the output-attributes
property has been set?