Re: Deprecation of instrumentCueName and instrument switch stuffs

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Deprecation of instrumentCueName and instrument switch stuffs
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 09:36:24 -0500

Hi all,

> I totally agree that the \instrumentSwitch and \addInstrumentDefinition
> functions are useless. Just use variables.

Will that handle the automatic switching of key signatures, etc.? As someone
who writes multi-instrumentalist parts [for musical pit orchestras], this has
been a low-grade PITA for almost 20 years — it would be really great if we
could use this “deprecation” moment[um] to figure out how to make Lilypond do
the right thing for composers/arrangers who struggle with this.

Cheers,
Kieren.