Re: pygment regex question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: pygment regex question
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 18:11:55 +0100

Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> writes:

> \override NoteHead.color = red
>
> actually lowers the barrier immensely compared with
>
> \override NoteHead #'color = #red

red and #red are completely different Scheme entities.

> - of course that's more than one syntax simplificiation here, but it
>   shows how much David's improvements have improved accessibility.

I was not responsible for symbolic/string color support (or whatever
is involved here).

> But, as I said before: Making everything seem perfectly simple (no #,
> no ', no "") is bound to put the user in a situation sooner or later
> where things are not so simple anymore, and we have to explain why
> they need to use additional symbols in their specific case. But in any
> case, I'm much more inclined to explain about string delimiters ""
> than about #'.

Which is one thing making the type-light approach of Lua nice for
extension language design.  Scheme already has too many types.  But that
ship has sailed...